Whole Foods is asking you to participate in their Whole Earth Weigh-in: 30 Way in 30 Days. It’s all part of Earth month and they want you to measure and reduce that carbon footprint of yours.
In fact, they’ve even asked some celebs what they think about the program. Lauren Bush wants in, also saying, “The thing I always try to do beyond recycling when I can, and also turn of the water and lights when I’m not using them. But the biggest thing, which is now becoming more accessible in food and in other industries, is to buy green and become a conscious consumer!”
Sandra Bernhard looked through all of the 30 eco-tips (pdf) that Whole Foods recommends and chose her fave. It’s #19, Switch to Organics.
Finally, Vanessa Carlton pulled out all of the stops and offered up tips of her own! Saying:
- I always turn lights off when I leave a room.
- Unplug chargers when not using them.
- When possible I bring a cloth bag to the grocery store.
- Also, take the subway!!!! It’s quicker than a cab and you’ll sit there knowing you are saving our planet little by little.
- If you get espresso to go, always forgo the top and paper ring. If you add those up everyday you end up saving sooo much paper.
- In general I try to buy paper products that look brownish and hearty. Like oatmeal. Crisp white paper is a thing of the past.
- Whole foods is my food haven. I always buy organic. They carry great cleaning products too. I trust their sources totally.
I love celebs that ride the subway.