Did you know that your version of Internet Explorer is out of date?
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend downloading one of the browsers below.

Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

Danson Teams Up with Variety’s Green Hollywood to Promote Oceans

Like us on Facebook:
The current article you are reading does not reflect the views of the current editors and contributors of the new Ecorazzi

Variety has launched its Green Hollywood web feature, and it will be live only through the end of July, so make sure you take a second to go check it out. Ted Danson has teamed up with Variety to feature his organization, Oceana. In the video below, he does a great job explaining exactly what is going on with the oceans & where the problems lie.

Danson explains, “It’s so hard to get – how can anything be wrong with the oceans? They are so vast and beautiful.” And the oceans have their work cut out for them. Danson says that 0.5% of all money that goes to environmental causes winds up in marine work. The other 99.5% of the money goes to land based issues.

In the video, he discusses overfishing, habitat destruction due to bottom trawling, and pollution causing issues with mercury levels in fish. These are all serious issues, and Ted isn’t the only celeb concerned about them.

Last October Sigourney Weaver was in front of the UN to try to put a stop to bottom trawling.

And just last week in a speech in Miami, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. was discussing the same issue that Ted Danson brings up: mercury levels in OUR bodies, and especially those of women in their child-bearing years.

Want to know what your mercury levels are? Waterkeeper & GreenPeace have teamed up to offer you this service. For $25 you can order a mercury testing kit. You send them some samples of your hair, and in a few weeks, they’ll send you back your results.

Like us on Facebook:
0 Comments
blood

Study finds vegan blood is 8 times more effective at killing cancer cells

Blood taken from vegans is 8 times more effective at killing cancer cells!

shutterstock_436148218

Stop calling vegan food “cruelty-free”

Many vegans proudly proclaim that their food is “cruelty-free” as though issues of justice and injustice begin and end with our use of nonhuman animals.

shutterstock_273565880

My Parents Forced Veganism on Me

If vegan parents don’t “force” their vegan values and beliefs on their children, society won’t hesitate to “force” standard American values instead.