Did you know that your version of Internet Explorer is out of date?
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend downloading one of the browsers below.

Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

MTV Questions 'Twilight' Star, Brings Up Veggie Vamps

Like us on Facebook:
The current article you are reading does not reflect the views of the current editors and contributors of the new Ecorazzi

Our “Vegetarian Vampire” poll a couple weeks back must have inspired MTV to bring up the issue in a recent interview with Twlight star Christian Serratos. The actress plays Angela — the best friend of the main female lead Bella who falls in love with a vampire named Edward. Got that?

Anyways, Edward is considered a ‘veggie’ vamp because he does not feast on humans; choosing instead to go after forest critters. Of the more than 180 people who bravely chose an answer in our poll, 38% decided to go human — with the other 62% split evenly between veggie (forest critters) and vegan (blood banks). Here’s what Serratos had to say on the issue:

“I’d have to be a vegetarian vampire. I’m a vegetarian now, so it goes hand in hand, right?”

Boo-ya!

Not content to leave the insanity of dwelling on vampire vegetarians alone, MTV continued their line of questioning asking, “As a vegetarian, when you read the books, do you see that as a good message?”

Serratos: “You know, I never really thought that far into it, (Editor’s note: We don’t blame you.) but definitely. I mean, if I were a vampire, I definitely wouldn’t be after the humans. That’s a good message. If you’re ever a vampire, don’t eat humans.”

Folks — the poll is still open. So if you would like to not eat humans — or if you are a vampire looking for a little respect — hit it here.

via MTV

Like us on Facebook:
0 Comments

“Animal Cruelty” And Criminal Intent

Animal advocates need to be more aware of the realities surrounding these laws.

Jeremy Corbyn’s Vegan “Process”

When we reject human injustice, nobody needs to go on a “journey” to get to that point. Where animals are concerned, we’re all too eager to pack the car, don the sunglasses and go for ride before we see the truth of what has been in front of us the entire time.

Vegan Advocacy Ideas For The Arts

Creative education, in the context of social justice, simply means creating a mental space, a field of consciousness, from which the person feels stimulated to engage or hear what you have to say.