by ecorazzicontributor
Categories: Animals.

fur_wtf

This bizarre and frightful picture was spotted in The Guardian‘s roundup of the Milan Fashion Week. Mila Schon presented this hideous attempt at headwear – I haven’t been able to find out if it was made from a real skunk’s tail or not, but one can’t help hoping that if so, some residual stench lingers. If not: it’s still ridiculously ugly.

10 Responses to Milan Fashion Week: Fur is never fashion, and this proves it.

1. LOL…what fashion victim wears that! That’s the reason those animals have to suffer…to make something like that? Hideous!

2. Jesse says:

Totally ugly, but it looks more like a kid’s stuffed animal than a fashion-stuffed animal…

Methinks it’s faux.

3. Shelly says:

LOL – That poor model looks like she thinking, “I CANNOT believe I’m wearing this, maybe if I look down and walk fast no one will notice!” It looks utterly ridiculous but I’m sure the designer who works for her house thought it was fabulous and “edgy”. Mila Schon, although deceased, is known for her use of fur. Check out the whole line – it’s real.

4. Laura says:

Weird. Plain weird.

5. michael says:

WTF is that? Hilarious. Sad.

6. I think fashion is fun and I don’t really care what people look like or how they dress… except when it comes at another’s suffering. Animals shouldn’t die for weird looking hats.

This image above just goes to show where some people’s priorities lie. They’d rather abuse and kill animals for funny hats than make funny hats out of plants or synthetics.

7. Jesse says:

Shelly – or anyone who knows…

that design is nothing that any natural animal wears, unless it was the biggest lemur you’d ever seen in your life! (skunks have stripes, not rings)

So the question is this: do they use all sorts of dyes to make one animal look like another? I’m sure they could, but where’s the incentive? Some pelts go for more $, but; why sculpt the design after an animal that doesn’t exist?

8. VeggieTart says:

Whether it’s fur or faux, it’s ridiculously ugly and no sane person would willingly put that thing on her head.

9. kelly g. says:

Wow, that is unfortunate.