by Michael dEstries
Categories: Causes, Internet, Video.

peta_ap

Ever wonder if that product you’re about to buy is cruelty-free? For most people, the answer is probably “no” — but PETA wants you to think twice about seemingly innocent purchases and they’ve got a new iPhone app to help guide the way.

Called “Be Nice To Bunnies“, the app ties into PETA’s own cruelty-free database to provide you with up-to-date information that you need to “stay a caring and informed consumer on everything from toothpaste to dog treats!”

You can download the app for $1.99 from iTunes here. Just one more reason why Dudell’s Blackberry sucks something awful. (I kid, I kid…)

Check out PETA’s Apple-esque ad for “Be Nice To Bunnies” below:

About Michael dEstries

Michael has been blogging since 2005 on issues such as sustainability, renewable energy, philanthropy, and healthy living. He regularly contributes to a slew of publications, as well as consulting with companies looking to make an impact using the web and social media. He lives in Ithaca, NY with his family on an apple farm.

View all posts by Michael dEstries →

11 Responses to PETA Releases iPhone App To Help With Cruelty-Free Purchases

1. deedee-lite says:

love it!

2. Pingback: PETA Launches New Iphone App | Keetsa Mattress Store – Keetsa! Blog – Eco-Friendly and Green News

3. Michael DuDell says:

Wow!! Those are fighting words, d’Estries. But mainly because you spelled my name wrong. DuDell, not Dudell. Sucker!

4. Kelsey says:

This is fantastic – what a great idea! :)

5. Pingback: iPhone Application, Designed by PETA « THERMOS(R) ECO-LOGIC LIVING

6. Eva says:

This is so practical! I wish I had an iPhone even more so now. There are countless times I’ve been at the store and didn’t know whether or not something was 100% cruelty-free.

7. Pete says:

actually looks pretty decent. is it just a listing and the symbols? because if they had a review as to why it’s not a vegan product that would just put it over the top for me. :) first i need to get an iphone hehe

8. “Companies and products that are vegan (don’t contain animal byproducts) are also noted.”

This part makes me want it.

9. VeggieTart says:

But how accurate is it? PETA has listed things as vegan when they aren’t. I hope there’s a better explanation of in the Apple iTunes App Store because those codes didn’t really help.

10. Pingback: iPhone app helps you find Cruelty-Free products - SlipperyBrick.com

11. Pingback: iPhone Apps for Vegans