Back in March of 2009, the high-tech details of Pierce Brosnan’s new home construction in Malibu were leaked — and every single one was worthy of a former 007. Security system with pressure sensors in the flooring and infrared lights, blinds that rise at the touch of a button to reveal ocean views, wireless and Bluetooth connectivity, home theater system, etc. Since Brosnan is also an environmental activist, there were also hints of the green this new home might embrace — but we could only wonder (and hope) they might be as prominent as the gadgets.
Damn — are they ever.
The UK Daily Mail scored the scoop on the new eco-friendly additions — and we may just be looking at one of the most high-tech green celebrity homes in America.
- Amount of solar photovoltaics integrated is so great, that the Brosnans can actually sell the surplus electricity generated back to the grid.
- All water is recycled on site. Home also features a waste disposal system and a solar-powered revolving compost heap.
- $400,000 custom-built climate-controlled, energy-saving lighting system.
- Non-glare, insulated windows.
- Low-flow toilets, recycled wood flooring
Not surprisingly, the source says that Pierce was involved in every aspect of the environmental additions to the home — and it looks like they may be moving in soon. The actor recently listed his previous Malibu property for $3.9 million.