Justin Timberlake’s Mirimichi Eco-Golf Course Reopens
Justin Timberlake’s famed Mirimichi golf course is ready for people to hit the green once again.
The pop singer had closed down the $16 million facility in January so that improvements could take place throughout its more than 300-acres. Nine months later, not only has the quality of the putting green been increased – along with some new buildings and practice facilities — but the attention to environmental details has also been expanded.
Some of the eco-improvements include:
- Electric golf carts replaced original fleet
- Water filtration and drainage enhancements to reduce consumption
- Increased water recycling by tying course drainage to ponds
- Newly enhanced recirculating creek and waterfall system
- Reforestation of native trees
- Additional wildflower meadows, aquatic plants, and landscaped areas
All this was done beyond the original (and impressive) list of green building achievements for Mirimichi.
“Environmental sustainability is about more than what we do at our course,” Timberlake said in a statement. “It is about taking a leadership role and encouraging other golf courses, and organizations of all kinds around the country and around the globe to emulate our commitment toward making a positive impact on the world we live in.”
To learn more about the course, hit the official (and newly updated) site here.