Easter Recipe: Yummy Vegan Carrot Cake
Easter is this Sunday, and whether you celebrate or not, we’ve got a scrumtious desert that’s perfect for all you little bunnies at heart!
This recipe for Vegan Carrot Cake is not only dairy and egg free, but it’s also an adorable addition to your vegan Easter feast. Plus, it’s so yummy that you’ll likely want to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (in addition to dessert!).
Check it out below.
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 4 tablespoons ground flax
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and clove.
- In a large bowl, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil until well-combined. Beat in flax mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture, beating on low until juice moistened. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place cake on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine vegan cream cheese and margarine in a medium bowl and beat until combined. Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar until you get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cake and serve.
Via SheKnows Vegan