Vegan Goodness! Salted Cherry Cardamom Chocolate Bark Recipe
By Anna Brones, EcoSalon
You’ll never go back to a regular chocolate bar.
You’re having a chocolate craving. Resist the urge to down a box of cherry cordials and make this fancy yet simple chocolate bark instead. With dried cherries, a dash of sea salt, and some lemon zest, it’s the perfect after dinner treat.
If you’re the kind of person that really loves dark, bitter chocolate, you can even make this with 100% cocoa baking chocolate, which I discovered by accident. Note to self: always read the package before baking. Just be sure to sprinkle a little bit of organic cane sugar over the top before you put it in the fridge to cool to add just a touch of sweetness.
- A 4 oz. bar of bittersweet chocolate, 70% cocoa, chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons dried cherries, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Toast the cardamom seeds in a skillet until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and stir in cardamom, salt, cherries and lemon zest.
- Spread the mixture onto parchment paper or a Silpat non-stick baking mat and sprinkle hazelnuts on top.
- Put in refrigerator for about an hour to cool.
- Break chocolate into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Every month on Sunday Recipe, we bring you a new theme of recipes, perfect for whipping up on a Sunday. For March it’s all about revamping classics into healthier versions. Enjoy!