Snack on This: Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with Lime Recipe
By Anna Brones, EcoSalon
Better than popcorn.
There has been a lot of talk about the benefits of popcorn, but what about other worthy snacks that are quick to make and pack some taste? Start with these roasted chickpeas. The recipe is simple and straightforward and the end result is easily transportable, perfect for outdoor spring adventures.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with Lime
- 1 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl until chickpeas are evenly covered.
- Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes, tossing a few times with a wooden spoon to ensure chickpeas are evenly baked.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Every month on Sunday Recipe, we bring you a new theme of recipes, perfect for whipping up on a Sunday. For April it’s all about food that’s easy to travel with, perfect for your spring outings. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com