Awful: Pit Bull Puppies Poisoned During Pit Bull Awareness Event
A public event in Pennsylvania aimed at educating on pit bulls and removing the stigma associated with the breed took a turn for the unfortunate last weekend.
According to organizers, someone poisoned five pit bull puppies. Two died and three others are currently recovering. An autopsy later confirmed suspicions. “The puppies evidently were an easy target,” Renae Metz, one of the founders of the animal charity A Darrah Bull Bully Rescue said in an interview. “We aren’t going to turn people down when they offer to put water in their pen, we never imagined that someone would be this malicious.”
While I question why the organizers weren’t providing water to the puppies personally, it stands to reason that the last thing you would expect would be someone to poison puppies. According to a vet, while no food was found in the puppies’ stomachs, their livers were bleeding – which indicated poisoning by water.
“They were 8 weeks old, they were at the vet Thursday and all were completely healthy,” Metz said. “We were closely monitoring the puppies. We never thought that someone would be hateful enough to poison the puppies, we never thought that could happen.”
In response, the organization will no longer bring puppies to future events. “We want to press on and save as many dogs as we can,” Metz said. “This just turned us on to the fact that so many people are hateful and we just need to keep spreading the word that these are not bad dogs at all.”
To help support the organization and their mission, visit the official site here.
Also on Ecorazzi: Kaley Cuoco ‘Heartbroken’ Over Kelly Ripa Pit Bull Comments