Aptly Named Pet Pig, Lucky, Saves Family From House Fire
A pet pig really earned his name recently when he alerted his adopted human family to a house fire.
Lucky was adopted by the Farler family of Illinois back in February. While the pig was warmly welcomed and instantly made a family member, Lucky proved his loyalty and devotion when he woke his family at the first sign of fire. The pig shared a bed with Ina Farler and his peculiar behavior late at night could not be ignored.
“He started screaming,” she told news station WFIE. “He would jump down, run to the door, and then jump back up on the bed and hit me really hard. I sat up to see what was wrong with him because he usually doesn’t do that through the night. When I sat up, I realized the room was really smoky.”
The fire grew fast, but thanks to Lucky’s persistence, Ina was able to get her two grandchildren, Lucky, and herself out of the house, just in time. When the firefighters arrived, nothing in the house could be salvaged, but thankfully the Farler family were safe.
Photo credit: Channel 14 WFIE