Kristin Bauer's Shopping List For a Cruelty-Free Christmas
Actress and animal activist Kristin Bauer van Straten wants consumers to shop cruelty-free this holiday season by selecting beauty products that haven’t been tested on animals.
The “True Blood” actress, who has promoted animal-free testing for years (it was just last month when Bauer van Straten called out Seventh Generation for animal testing on her Twitter account), is supporting Animal Alliance of Canada and Humane Society International’s #BeCrueltyFree campaign to end animal testing forever in Canada (and, hopefully, in other parts of the world, too).
Although cosmetic testing on animals is banned in the E.U., Israel, Norway and India, the horrific practice is still legal in Canada despite it not being required by law. Terrified rabbits and other small animals have chemicals forced down their throats, dropped in their eyes or smeared across their bodies — all without pain relief, or a voice to make the abuse finally stop.
“We should all take a stand against animal testing for cosmetics because these animals are dying for our vanity and they can’t speak up for themselves, ” Bauer van Straten says. “It’s shocking to know that this needless cruelty is happening right now in Canada. It has to stop. It’s time for Canada to #BeCrueltyFree.”
To help all consumers buy cruelty-free this holiday season, here are a few of Bauer van Straten’s favorite things:
- Lippy Girl Lover Set – Vegocentric lipstick, Extra Virgin Lip Gloss, Sha-Zam Shimmer and Lip Lover Conditioner all wrapped up in a hot-pink clutch for $42
- MIYU Hydrate Mi Beauty Essence – The freshness of a facial mist fused with the rich nutrients of a serum. Instant skin hydration courtesy of wild pansies, goji berries and mangosteen. $34
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Hand Cream Collection – A deeply nourishing treat for your hands- a trio of skin-softening and protecting plant extracts, infused with aromatherapy essential oils – garden mint & bergamot, wild rose, and geranium & orange. $42
- Cate McNabb Sugar Plum Gift Set – Natural eye-shadows in pink and plum, a hot red lipstick, golden shimmer lip gloss, and 100 percent synthetic brushes. $75
- LUSH Cozy Christmas – Snuggle up with soothing Butterbear Bath Bomb, warming Hot Toddy shower gel, nourishing Sympathy for the Skin body lotion, softening Yog Nog soap and moisturizing Honey Trap lip balm. Pre-wrapped in festive fabric made from recycled plastic bottles! $38.95
We should all stand with Kristin and say no to cosmetics testing by buying cruelty free this holiday season, and for all the seasons.