The Real Life Struggles of a Vegan
No matter how much we vegans tell you that veganism is easy, there are still aspects of daily life we struggle with. Here is a breakdown of the top 12 daily vegan struggles.
1. When you’re about to have sex and you realize you don’t have any vegan condoms and that no store carries them.
2. When you read the label and it says “may contain milk.”
3.When it’s after 11pm and the only take out vegan item is fries.
4. When someone brings in non-vegan food into your home aka vegan sanctuary.
5. The moment you realize the person you’re dating will never go vegan
6. When you’re going on a food run and your friends ask you to pick up non-vegan things.
7. When you can’t figure out whether you should take medicine or not.
8. When non-vegans post stories about animal suffering on Facebook as if they really care and you don’t know whether to tell them about veganism or not.
9. You’ve discovered Gary Francione and his theories and agree with him making you a level 5 vegan but you’re too afraid to tell your level 1 vegan friends.
10. You don’t know whether you should give your companion animals vegan food or not.
11. When you have kids and someone tries to give them non vegan food.
12. When you brag about a celebrity being vegan only to find out later they were never vegan and if they were, they no longer are.
But for all the struggles we go through, we do it for them.
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments section
Originally posted on the Vegan Food and Drink Festival blog!